Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i copy the files from unix bamboo default server to a remote windows box

saketh-stash March 1, 2016

1)I am running a deployment plan

2)it should copy the artifacts located in bamboo server which is a unix box to a production machine which is a windows box.

Am unable to do it with SCP task

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2016
  • Start FTP server at Windows box
  • Start HTTP Server at Windows box
  • Start SSH server at Windows box
saketh-stash March 2, 2016

Can you please explain in detail?

Do you mean I need to start ftp server first in windows server and then i can use scp task to copy the files? or i need to use ssh task and use ftp commands to copy to the windows server?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2016

If you have an agent at unix box then I believe it has ftp command line client available. So you can use script task to upload your artifact to Windows box.

At Windows side you need to setup FTP server which will allow unix box to upload files.

saketh-stash March 4, 2016

Ok, i have many production windows servers and installing ftp on them may not be accepted by my boss. So, i have a doubt, can i atleast connect to the windows servers from the bamboo linux server(default agent/remote agent). So, that i will write a powershell script to do my tasks and bamboo should just go into that box and run that script. is it possible without ftp ?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2016

Let's think out of Bamboo. What would you do to accomplish this task without Bamboo?

What tools does Windows provide to interact with outer world? How some application can access windows environment, upload file and trigger powershell to be executed at Windows environment?

If you can answer all this questions, I think you will find solution for your question. As you have many Windows production servers you have some tools to provide executable code for them. 

saketh-stash April 6, 2016

Hi, 

well am not able to find good answers for this. Few people say scp few sftp few winscp, few samba share. My admin dint accept for samba share and ftp. please help with a simple thing.Can you explain how to use ssh/http? what things i need to have installed on windows and unix? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events