Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guide to run cucumber automation with bamboo

Ayesha Ahmad May 12, 2016

I've created Cucumber BDD Tests in for testing our product. My project is a maven project and is held in Stash currently. The tests are working fine locally, however my next step is to automate these tests through Bamboo.

Does anyone within this forum have any experience doing this? Or have any idea as to how I would go about this? I'm trying to understand how I would run these tests through CI

It would be much appreciated if anyone had any answers or suggestions at least.

Thank you,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2016

Hello @Ayesha Ahmad,

What kind of command do you use to run your tests? If it's simple Maven build, use Maven 2.x/3.x task to run your tests

1 vote
VikasB July 19, 2016

You can run tests using Maven. To parse results you can use Cucumber For Bamboo plugin. This plugin adds Cucumber parsers in Build as well ad Deployment plans. It provides options to pass or fail build if any test is failed or based on failure threshold or can just print test results in Log without affecting deployment status.
The plugin also adds new UI elements to display deployment tests, Cucumbers results and pie chart of tests. It also has features to automatically link tests with JIRA issues.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mdb.plugins.cucumberforbamboo/server/overview

Anuradha Channappa June 9, 2017

Hi, I am having issues in parsing the cucumber results.I am getting erred as unable to parse Json.kindly suggest.

VikasB February 21, 2019

Please send me logs/more details on vikasborse@autotestingtools.com. I will try to help.

0 votes
VikasB February 21, 2019

There is plugin at atlassian marketplace to integrate cucumber reports with Bamboo and JIRA.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214740/cucumber-for-bamboo

0 votes
Ayesha Ahmad May 15, 2016

hi @Alexey Chystoprudov   thank you for your reply 

i am using maven commands 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events