Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execute a task conditionally

Jigar Joshi August 8, 2013

In short:

in my CI build i want to execute a task as a part of plan only once a day, do bamboo have this feature ?

Hack for now: I can write a script that takes care of condition and executes the task

In detail: I have a maven loop, I am not cleaninng on each iteration, I only want to do it once a day, unfortunately maven doesn't have that configuration with their clean plugin as of now (exending it, is second option)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jigar Joshi August 13, 2013

Ended up writting a custom maven plugin that reads the last modified date and based on configured time out it skips clean phase in pre-clean state

0 votes
Jigar Joshi August 8, 2013

Thanks, my requirement is slightly different

I want to operate on same bamboo workspace and same plan should have one more task when it is building for the first time in the day

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

We do nightly test runs by setting it up a manual stage and use the API to find the most recent build that can be continued, this is executed by a separate plan that is time triggered to just run a script. This allows us to run the tests on only the most recent build and skip over that plan/branch if were no changes in the day since the most recent build isn't continuable; we also filter by successful build.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events