endless running build with local agent

SysOps AIJKO September 17, 2014

Hi,

we have many projects running without errors. But sometimes we have a build process dying the agent is running and doesn't react to 'Stop build' command. The process was working for man builds and hasn't changed.

There is no error in build log and in bamboo log file.

The only way to end this process at the moment is to stop bamboo, kill all task of the bamboo user and start bamboo again.

Is there a way to end the process without killing bamboo or identify the real problem?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
SysOps AIJKO September 17, 2014

Hi Sepideh,

We use Atlassian Bamboo version 5.6.0 build 4409.

The build was not queued. We have always free agents. The build is triggered by a commit in stash and the agents starts with the checkout from our stash.

The last lines of build log:
Submodule path 'Web/typo3conf/ext/realurl': checked out '994d051777f02da782bac0e170c5e80946a418e8'
Initialized empty Git repository in /var/atlassian...

last line of bamboo log for this build
...[VcsCheckoutTask] PROJECT-JOB1-128: Updating source code to revision: c3392...

When i try to stop the agent i get an exception like 'Agent doesn't react to kill command' and nothing happens. Maybe it is a problem in communication between bamboo and stash.

Thanks!

ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Hi Julian, Can you please open a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com and link to this question? As also noted by my colleague Krystian, we need to do more investigation for this issue. Thank you. Cheers, Sepideh

0 votes
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

Hi Julian,

Is the build picked up by the agent when you are trying to stop it or the agent dies when build is queued: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14611? What version of Bamboo are you using?

Thanks!

Best,

Sepideh

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

I think this might require more investigation and qualifies for support case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events