distributing jobs intelligently using bamboo

saketh-stash January 26, 2016

Hi,

i am running on bamboo 5.7.2, i run bamboo on one local agent and 2 remote agents. currently my builds distribution is hardcoded i.e i have hardcoded bamboo to run few jobs in default/local agent(bamboo server) and few on 2 remote agents. 

1) I do not know what exactly is master slave concept of jenkins but ppl talk a lot about it, so can we do that in bamboo? if yes could you explain in detail?

2) my intention is if i have 10 jobs running out of which if the 5th job takes 50 minutes to run and 3.4th takes 5 mins to run each, then bamboo should run the long job i.e 5th on the default agent and remaining should be distributed on the remote. can this be possible?

1 answer

2 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2016
  1. Master-slave concept of Jenkins is just the same as Bamboo Server - Remote agent topology. 
  2. No, it's not possible right now

saketh-stash February 1, 2016

Is there any closer way to achieve the second one?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2016

You can dedicate job 5 to be executed on local agent by providing some capability on local agent which is not exists at remote ones and job 5 has requirement to use this capability. But it will not prevent job 5 from waiting in queue until local agent is busy with other jobs 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events