Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

devenv.exe path

paulwade November 12, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Visual Studio

I am trying to setup bamboo to build asp.net MVC 5(vnext) the easiest way to do this right now seems to be using visual studio directly. 

I am having some trouble getting the path right in bamboo. I've tried (this is just an example from the pc im on right now)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

I also tried some other combinations within that like leaving off everything after 14.0\ I remember setting bamboo up for maven there were some assumed paths on bamboo's end that took a while to figure out. Can someone point me in the right direction for visual studio executables?

Here is the error I get which seems to clearly have the wrong path im just not sure why

12-Nov-2015 19:02:21C:\Users\paulwade\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\WT-CB-JOB1>call "C:\\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
12-Nov-2015 19:02:21 
12-Nov-2015 19:02:21C:\Users\paulwade\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\WT-CB-JOB1>call "C:\\Common7\IDE\devenv.com"  "welltracks.sln" /build

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

it needs to be the IDE directory where devenv.exe is in, e.g.:
Capability type: Executable
Type: Visual Studio
Exectuable Label: Visual Studio 2013
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events