default plan running twice in bamboo

Richard Jones August 7, 2014

Hello

I have a git repo that I have hooked up to Bamboo. I am using GitFlow so i'll use their terminology here.

I have a master branch which is default. I'd like this not to be the case but I am not sure I can change the default branch.

When I commit to master I end up with two builds running on bamboo. See attachment. If I commit on any other branch I just get the correct one build running. Do you know why?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

- you can point the 'main' plan in Bamboo to whatever git branch you want.

- it seems that you have 'main' plan set to master and at the same time there's a Plan Branch set to master as well. Both do change detection and both build. Simply go to Plan configuration, scroll down to Branches, find the one called 'master' and disable it. (alternatively set your main plan to the branch you really want it to point to)

Richard Jones August 17, 2014

Thanks Marcin, I'd like to change my main plan to solve this. How can I do that? I havent seen how to change the default plan. THanks for your reply!

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2014

Go to plan configuration, click on Repositories tab. There should be a list of repositories, select the first one (probably that's the only one you have)

Simply set the Branch text box to correct value. Press save. You might want to run a manual build afterwards to test that your edit is correct and to make sure that Bamboo's change detection will correctly pick up changes from the new branch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events