Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create release for deployment

Sri March 5, 2014

Using Bamboo 5.0 for deployment (New deploy functionality).

Issue: Unable to deploy when we click deploy for environment.

1) When I click deploy, it says "You do not have any releases yet. Please create one first."

2) Once I click "Please create one first" or "create release", it throws an error saying "No build result available. You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project]"

Before these two steps, i created a build plan with artifacts shared and I have a build0005 created in in artifacts directory. I try to use these artifacts (created in build part) in deployment project to create the environment and then deploy. I created two maven tasks in the deploy environment and then tried to deploy.

Let me know if I am doing it wrong or what i need to run the deploy environment tasks properly.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Frederik February 19, 2018

I have the same issue running v6.3.1 where it shows this error:

No build result available.

You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project] – [branch]"

Were you able to resolve this issue? Interestingly I can create the release fine being a global admin user, but my colleague who seems to have full admin permissions for the project, deployment project, and deployment environment is getting this error.

lstlaurent May 16, 2018

Frederik,

I experienced the same Issue, and it turned out to be some Build Plans permissions missing.

Emil Georgiev December 11, 2018

We have the same issue too (seems to be a common one). Would have been very helpful if the actual missing permissions have been reported here too.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I don't have a v5.0 site anymore, I don't remember and I only started doing that in v5.2 so I haven't tried it in v5.0.

0 votes
Sri March 5, 2014

Thanks for looking into it. Does this functionality not work properly in 5.0? I still need to figure out in our group if we can upgrade.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but can you upgrade? I'm running v5.2 (I know it's not the highest) but I'm running deployment projects without artifacts because I store my artifacts offsite and don't let Bamboo control them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events