could not start bamboo server on Mac

rlinga August 12, 2016

I installed bamboo 5.12 and JDK 8 and Tomcat 1.8.5 on my Mac.

But I keep getting the following. Tomcat comes up ok but not bamboo server after running start-bamboo.sh.

localhost refused to connect. 

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

7 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2016

@Rama Krishna Linga suggested channel to resolve installation/usage issues is Atlassian Support

0 votes
rlinga August 16, 2016

Thanks a lot Steven. I followed steps as per documentation. Will go thru the links and provide any other info if I think can help this conversation.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

I can't quite figure it out with that much information. I think the best thing I can do is point you toward the resources avaliable – 

Please also open a ticket with Atlassian since they will support you through this. https://support.atlassian.com 

0 votes
rlinga August 16, 2016

Home dir perms:

drwxrwxrwx    2 rlinga  staff     68 Aug 12 16:04 bamboo

Rama Tue Aug 16 15:19:37 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>echo $JAVA_HOME 

/usr/

Rama Tue Aug 16 15:20:04 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>echo $CATALINA_HOME 

/Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

If the Home Directory is empty, I find that this usually implies that we haven't set up permissions for the Home Directory OR that we do not have dependencies set up correctly (like JAVA).

0 votes
rlinga August 16, 2016

Hi Steven,

logs directory is empty and bamboo home directory is empty.

Rama Tue Aug 16 13:39:21 ~/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/bin GoAhead>./start-bamboo.sh 

To run Bamboo in the foreground, start the server with start-bamboo.sh -fg

Server startup logs are located in /Users/rlinga/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/bin/logs/catalina.out

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/

Using CLASSPATH:       /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Tomcat started.

Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:32 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>ls /Users/rlinga/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/logs/

Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:46 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>ls /Users/rlinga/bamboo

Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:52 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2016

This isn't enough information. We need the relevant section of your application logs, preferably the atlassian-bamboo.log file located in the <bamboo-home>/logs/* folder.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/locating-important-directories-and-files-289277247.html#Locatingimportantdirectoriesandfiles-homeBambooserverhomedirectory

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events