cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing bamboo project key

Jewel Francis June 1, 2015

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day !!!

I have one doubt, I know how to change the name of a particulr project in Bamboo. But it will still have the old project key. Is there any way to change the project key as well?

Thank you in advance smile

Warm Regards,

-Jewel

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Hi,

you can move a plan to a new project with a new key.

Goto Admin->Plans->Move plans 

or enter: http://bambooURL/admin/chooseBuildsToMove.action

Then you can move them to a new project.

Regards, Dirk

Hi, So you're saying that there is no way to edit a project key? What about plan key. I read somewhere (I think in some atlassian site) that it is not possible. Regards, -Jewel

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Yes I think there is no good way. Maybe in the database behind. But the keys are also reflected by the filesystem in bamboo home. So this not so easy.

Thanks Dirk !!

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

If you're changing the key for a plan with lots of results it is advised to create a backup of your Bamboo home directory and database before running this operation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events