Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot exec /tmp/bamboo-ssh

Timothy Allen July 7, 2015

The /tmp directory in my production environment has been marked as noexec by IS and is not negotiable. Is there another way around this error?

Here is the full error:

Cannot fetch branch '(unresolved) master' from 'ssh://git@hidden' to source directory '/data/bamboo-agent-home/agents/bamboo-agent-1/xml-data/build-dir/OCUAT-OSCICD-JOB1/hidden'. com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /bin/git ls-remote ssh://eb3096ff-cf78-449c-9b5d-10c3d39c70e8@127.0.0.1:45581/hidden/hidden.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [/data/bamboo-agent-home/agents/bamboo-agent-1/xml-data/build-dir/OCUAT-OSCICD-JOB1/hidden]., stderr:[fatal: cannot exec '/tmp/bamboo-ssh.9900a68e.sh': Permission denied, fatal: unable to fork]

2 answers

1 vote
Todd_Gamblin October 14, 2015

You can get around this by setting the java.io.tmpdir system property, as that is where Bamboo is pulling it from.  On the server, you can add -Djava.io.tmpdir=/new/location that to your JVM options.  For remote agents, you can modify conf/wrapper.conf in the agent home directory to add this VM option.  

Find the spot in your wrapper.conf file where additional JVM options are set and add it.

# The Bamboo Agent home configuration file
wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dbamboo.home=/g/g21/gamblin2/bamboo/agent-home
wrapper.java.additional.2=-Djava.io.tmpdir=/new/location

Here I had one option and added the 2nd, so I suffixed with .2.  You may need to use a different suffix depending on how many args are already there.

0 votes
Todd_Gamblin October 14, 2015

I guess Atlassian never answered this? I have a similar issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events