builds and branched in a git repository

I have set up a group of plans that build various applications off a git develop branch. Now I would like to create a plan the builds everything off the master branch (a release candidate build). It doesn't look like I can use the same shared repository for this since in the repository setup the admin must pick a branch. Do I need to create a completely new repository or can I use plan branching or something else? Did I create my plans in the wrong order?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Do your 'release candidate build' require extra steps to be performed? If so, then the answer is quite simple: you should set up a new repository for 'master' and a separate release Plan(s).

If there are no extra steps, then teoretically you could create Plan Branch that builds 'master', however I wouldn't recommend that approach, as having 'master' as a Plan Branch sounds awkward to me.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 18 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

45 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you