Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

branches not being automatically created

Bianca Morton August 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Linking to another application

I have a rule to create branch plans based on (ADM-[0-9]+-.+)|(LU-[0-9]+-.+)

I had a branch named ADM-123-TEST that got a new commit but did not generate the branch plan. I have "Create plan branches for branches detected in the repository" selected for the build plan.

Why woudl it not create the branch plan and how do i make it so it will create branches when new commits are added to old git branches?

2 answers

1 vote
Bianca Morton August 10, 2016

Yep. For the most part it works. If you create a new branch it works just fine. What doesn't work is if you commit to an existing branch that is not already in bamboo. I have it set to clean up the branches after 7 days of no commits to save space on the server but if you commit to an existing branch that has been cleaned up, since it's not a new branch and its not still in bamboo, it doesn't do anything sad We have projects that get put in the backburner and sometimes go a long time without commits only to climb back up the priority list later on and then we can't access it via bamboo since most users don't have permission to update the plan and create the branch manually

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Yes, it's a known problem. I can't find the existing ticket number though ;-( It's something I've experienced as well (branches are not recreated).

At the moment I recreate the branch plan manually.

Bianca Morton August 11, 2016

thats what i've been doing but I'm the only one with rights to create branches in bamboo so it interrupts my day when it should be automated. sad

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Application links are working and trigger is setup?

M Vijay Kumar September 13, 2016

Hi,

Is that we need to use Bitbucket server for Git so that when branches are created in Git, this would work. Actually i am working on a POC and very new in this area any help provided will be really helpful.

I will try to explain the scenario :

1. we are using GIT as vcs
  2. As plan branches will be automatically created for GIT,  I am unable to see that in bamboo
  3. We are not using any Git solution (bitbuket server) in this case.

I would like to know the reason why we are unable to see the new plan branches when new branches are created in Git.

Thanks,

Vijay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events