Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo won't show test results

Giovanni Azua July 15, 2013

I have a multi-module Maven project and after successfully building I can see in the test results tab page "2 tests in total" but it shows no details on the test names etc. The bamboo documentation states that the test tab page should instead show a detailed list of the tests:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Viewing+test+results+for+a+build

How can I get my tests listed as in the documentation? I'm using the latest bamboo version. Does it maybe show only test failures?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hello Giovanni,

I think that you're encountering following 'peculiarity' in the Bamboo design:

* On the top-level Plan result page only the failing tests are listed (like in the linked documentation)
* When you have a simple Plan with a single Job you're displayed top-level result pages with the Job navigator (left side of the screen) being folded - so it's hard to navigate into Job result page

If your two tests are successful (i.e. they are passing, not failing), then you should navigate deep down into the Job result that contain these two tests. There you should have a tab "Tests" with a sub-table "Successful Tests". And you should see there the details of your tests.

Please correct me on my assumption that both your tests are passing - in that case you might be encountering something more sinister...

Hope my explanations are clear to you, but if they are not please don't hesitate to ask for clarifications. I reckon you're new to Bamboo, aren't you?

regards,

Giovanni Azua July 15, 2013

Ok indeed now I can see the passing tests by expanding the "hidden panel" and clicking the "Default Job". Yes I'm new to Bamboo I am more familiar with TeamCity, I am currently evaluating it for our CI infrastructure.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Anything else we can help with?

Mike Davidson December 23, 2015

Good lord that was the most difficult thing to find. Why is it buried so deep? This answer was very helpful though, thank you!

Like Iñaki Lujambio likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events