bamboo spec maven archetype problem

Jim Weaver October 14, 2017

Cannot create a bamboo-spec project according to the tutorial.  If I use the 6.2.0 version of the archetype as the tutorial command provides, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does not exist (com.atlassian.bamboo:bamboo-specs-archetype:6.2.0) -> [Help 1]

If I use 6.2.1 version instead, I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.0-alpha-4:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The defined artifact is not an archetype -> [Help 1]

Here is the full command:

mvn archetype:generate -B     -DarchetypeGroupId=com.atlassian.bamboo -DarchetypeArtifactId=bamboo-specs-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=6.2.1     -DgroupId=com.atlassian.bamboo -DartifactId=bamboo-specs-tutorial -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT     -Dpackage=tutorial -Dtemplate=minimal

I have maven version 3.5.0

I can see in my .m2 repository the 6.2.1 archetype directory, which appears to have a jar, but the 6.2.0 one does not.

I do not normally use maven archetypes, is there some obvious step to install an archetype before using that was not on the tutorial instructions that I failed to execute?  Something else?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2018

Hi! 

Looks like this error is gone. 

I can not reproduce it from your command.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events