Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo remote agent unable to clean source directory

C Detka April 24, 2014

My bamboo remote agent is installed as a service on a Windows 7 computer. The service runs as a user (not local administrator). I find that I must run the service as user since the GCC compiler suite does not work when I run as the local administrator. We are using version 5.1.1 of bamboo.

My bamboo build plan includes a task that checks out my source code. The plan is configured to "Force Clean Build" which I take to mean that bamboo will delete the source tree and check out a fresh copy before attempting a new build.

The problem is that bamboo cannot delete the source tree. I get this error in the log:

24-Apr-2014 14:16:14 Build always requires a clean checkout
24-Apr-2014 14:16:14 Cleaning build directory 'C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM'
24-Apr-2014 14:16:15 Unable to clean source directory 'C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM' Unable to delete directory C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM\tools\foo.

The directory that it cannot delete seems to contain a directory named "bin". When I check ownship of the "bin" folder, windows explore shows unavailable or unknown. There's only one way to delete the tree that I have found: reboot. After rebooting, the "bin" folder is already gone. Just to be clear, after rebooting, I do not delete "bin" since its not there. After rebooting, the machine is happy to delete the tree. Obviously rebooting is not a viable solution since I do not always have physical access to this machine.

Can anyone suggest why the "bin" folder cannot be deteled without rebooting?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

It sounds like something is using something in that directory. Since it's a 'bin' directory - does the build job start a process from it? If so, have you checked to see if the process is finished before the build ends?

C Detka April 29, 2014

Thank you for the reply. I will check that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events