Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo plan variables with "bamboo" to start, as in "bambooFooBar", confuses Bamboo

Allan Poulsen September 2, 2016

Normally, if you configure a plan variable with a name like "myVariable", it will be accessed as "${bamboo_myVariable}" in a file script.

However, if the plan variable is given a name that already starts with keyword "bamboo", so for example "bambooFooBar", it should be accessible as "${bamboo_bambooFooBar}" in a file script, but instead Bamboo gets confused and doesn't add any prefix in the variable substitution phase, so it comes out as "${bambooFooBar}". This in clear in the logs in the variable substituion were it shows:

bamboo_myVariable=x

bambooFooBar=y

bamboo_yetAnotherVar=z

However, for inline scripts (not in an external file), where prefix "bamboo." rather than "bamboo_" is used, the normal substitution of "bambooFooBar" to ${bamboo.bambooFooBar} seems to work fine.

Is there a bug ticket already for this issue? I wasn't able to find one in a quick search.

2 answers

0 votes
Allan Poulsen September 2, 2016

No, it doesn't look like the same problem to me. My problem is specifically about when keyword "bamboo" is used as the start of a plan variable name.

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2016

Hello Allan,

I found this bug BAM-13017 that in my opinion is the closest one to your issue description. 

Can you give it a check?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events