cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo licences

Config Manager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

We are planning the expansion of our Bamboo-based build and deployment processes, and have a remote agent licensing question. I have purchased a Bamboo 2-5 remote agent license; does this mean that I can only install (and run) up to 5 remote agents, or that I can install more than 5 but only run up to 5 at a time? If the latter, will Bamboo will just queue a job until a license becomes available (assuming different agents have different capabilities)?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Config Manager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Hi Rafael & Anthony,

Thank you for your answers; blending them together, I believe that the following is true for the example I quoted:

• I can install as many agents as I want.
  • I can only enable 5 agents at any one time - and hence only run 5 concurrently
  • To run another agent, I would first have to manually disable one of the existing 5 before manually enabling the new one

Please confirm or correct!

Anthony, thanks for the Add-on suggestion, but although we use VMs I don't think our infrastructure and processes would permit this without a lot of hassle (it would be easier and cheaper to buy more licences!)

Regards,

John

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2015

Hello John, Thank you for your question. Yes, this is correct. — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

0 votes
Anthony Kelley January 7, 2015

Hi John,

Only 5 can be idle and accepting jobs. You can however have as many agents as you want, you would need to start/shut them down manually depending on the capability. The other option is an addon - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stiltsoft.bamboo.bamboo-vmware-plugin

I don't have much experience with it, but could help your cause.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2015

Hello John,

Thank you for your question.

Based on the example you have provided, you are not allowed to run more than 5 agents simultaneously.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events