Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo installation on mac - unable to specify home directory

Mark Allen July 6, 2014

I'm trying to install bamboo on a mac. When I attempt to access the site it states I haven't specified a home directory. I've checked the bamboo-init.properties file and I currently have the following record in there:

bamboo.home=/bamboo/home

I've created this directory on the hard drive directly but I still get the message that my home directory is not specified.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

Did you restart Bamboo after you've edited bamboo-init.properties?

Mark Allen July 7, 2014

well that was embarrassing...

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi Mark,

It's unlikely that the Bamboo home folder is in the root of the drive as your file path suggests. I install on my Mac regularly and I've found that the easiest thing to do is this:

1. Open a Finder window that's one folder above the home folder, so you're looking at the home folder from the Finder view along with anythin else in that directory.

2. Open Terminal and drag the icon of your home folder to Terminal.

3. Terminal should display the full filepath to that folder.

4. Copy the file path from the Terminal window and paste it the bamboo-init.properties file.

Please update if this does not do the trick or if I can further clarify.

Thanks

Turner

Mark Allen July 6, 2014

Thanks Turner. I used the Tar.gz package to install and specified the install folder as /bamboo/install and in the properties file mentioned above I specified the home directory as /bamboo/home .

cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Hey Mark,

Can you confirm that your Bamboo folder is in the root folder of your hard drive?

It should be alongside the directories shown here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6r8jc6t3d90tk0/Screenshot%202014-07-07%2014.17.26.pngassuming everything on your system is default. Another thing you can do is right click the bamboo folder, click 'Get Info', and look at the 'Where' section of the general tab, and see the full filepath there.

If in that section you just see '/' then that is indeed the correct filepath and something else is the issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Turner

Mark Allen July 7, 2014

Thanks Turner. I validated that clicking get info on the home directory and viewing "where" shows /bamboo. Just so we're on the same page I have /bamboo which is a catchall directory for all bamboo then I have /bamboo/installation and /bamboo/home which are for the install and home directories respectively.

cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2014

Hi Mark,

I'm thinking of two other possibilites here I'd like you to explore.

1. *unlikely but lets try anyways* Bamboo is misunderstanding the folder structure as there's no trailing '/'. Please add the trailing slash to the file path to see if it makes a difference.

2. The user account that started Bamboo does not have permission to access root level of hard drive. When you launch Bamboo please do it via sudo or as an administrator.

If neither of these is your problem can I have you open up a ticket at support.atlassian.comand attach your Bamboo Support Zip (Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create) to this issue for our inspection?

Thanks!

Turner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events