bamboo injection variable

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

I currently use the injection variable plugin (Bamboo 5.3).  We are planning on upgrading to Bamboo 5.7 which contains this feature natively (according to the material I've seen, at least that's how I interpreted it.)  Will I need to modify my builds that currently use the plugin version in any way to use the "built in" injection variable functionality?

Thanks,

Gretchen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

The functionality bundled with Bamboo is the newest version of plugin that was previously available separately and it should work without any changes to Plan configs.

One thing I would suggest though, is to uninstall the 'external' plugin prior to upgrading to 5.7 (this will not affect your plans, it will just remove the old plugin classes from the system)

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Also should note that it will require you to enable the new system installed plugin after the upgrade. This wasn't called out anywhere and it is installed disabled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events