Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo git submodules Permission Denied - ssh key

David March 13, 2013

Hey,

I am using bamboo 4.1 and want to use git submodules.

Checking out the main repo works fine. However the submodules return a Permission denied (publickey)

However, using the command line works fine. This means the keys are setup correctly.

I read in some other answers to a similar problem, that bamboo does not use the same ssh key for submodules as for the main repo. Is this true?

How can I fix this on my Mac Build Server?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

1 answer

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hello David,

May I ask what happens if you try to use command line under the Bamboo? Like if you would use Bamboo Script Task with the exactly same content as the command you're executing manually (I do expect that by "using the command line works fine" you mean that you logged to the Bamboo host machine and executed git commands manually - what would happen if the same commands were executed as a part of Bamboo build plan?). Would you get "Permission denied" too? Maybe it's the difference of system environments that Bamboo sees and a logged user see. But that's a speculation only...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events