Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo fails to start after upgrading 6.6.0 to 6.8.0

Qcast February 19, 2019

on starting the new bamboo version the catalina.out log says and it hangs:

• [JohnsonFilter] The application is not yet setup. Redirecting request from '/rest/capabilities' to '/bootstrap/selectSetupStep.action'
  • [AccessLogFilter] 100.64.30.11 GET http://bamboo.qcast.nl:8085/bootstrap/selectSetupStep.action 397575kb
  • [SelectSetupStepAction] Current setup step is /setup/complete.action

please help me to perform / finish the upgrade.

rgds Paul

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019

Hello @Qcast,

I could see that you resolved this issue already with our support and I just wanted to check if you don't mind sharing the solution here.

Thanks!

Peter N February 25, 2019

@Qcast , @Daniel Santos I'm having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Qcast February 25, 2019

Hi Peter,

i did not include the mySQL driver in the new Bamboo install folder:

1. Stop Bamboo 6.8
  2. Check your old installation directory, folder: <Bamboo installation directory>/lib
  3. Look for a file that looks like * mysql-connector-java....jar*.
  4. Copy it in the new installation directory respecting the same path.
  5. Start Bamboo again.

and also, 6.8 didn't want to start without a valid support license, which i needed to add manually:

2019-02-19 12:08:14,231 FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [DefaultBootstrapManager] Unable to run pre-bootstrap upgrade tasks as your support period has ended

Paste your new license in the file <bamboo-home>/bamboo.cfg.xml, section property name="license.string".

these 2 steps did the trick for me, good luck.

Like # people like this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your solution here @Qcast We really appreciate that =]

@Peter N, the error you see may have multiple sources. It is very common that this is caused by a missing driver, but it could be something else. You need to look for the first errors that show up in your logs. They usually will give you better clues on what is happening. In Paul's case, we were able to see the driver error happening first, the same thing for the license issue.

Peter N February 26, 2019

The main issue was that license. We had a support valid license on my.atlassian.com but we hadn't applied it. At least that got us past the infinite redirect loop. I've got the next issue to resolve. Working with support for that.

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2019

That is great @Peter N

Thank you for updating this thread when you found out the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events