Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo: custom fields to provide svn, artifactory, and environment details

Raveendran Kumaravelu May 26, 2013

Hi, Is it possible to define custom fields to provide svn branch, artifactory release#, and target environment details when creating plan in bamboo for application deployment.

please advise

thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hi Ravee,

You are most welcome and happy evaluating Bamboo :).

What you want to acheive is not possible out of the box unless if you will want to extend the specific builder yourself to add a select list. This could be a little bit demanding but I suggest you try adding multiple task for each of the environment or targets. That is the beauty of Bamboo where you can have a job with multiple tasks each doing a specified function.

Regarding the inject plugin, yes that seems to be broken but I have a copy you can download from https://www.box.com/s/j7w8tdqnjgbzpf4jlsg1

Regards,

Sultan

Raveendran Kumaravelu May 27, 2013

Thanks again Sultan, for your suggestions

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2013

Hi Raveendran,

The svn branch and other properties are access at build time using the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+global,+plan+or+build-specific+variables which is similar to the concept of customfield in JIRA.

If those variables are not enough for you, you can use the inject bamboo variable task plugin to define custom variables that can be injected and used during build

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Sultan

Raveendran Kumaravelu May 27, 2013

Thanks Sultan, Your suggestion really helped me to move ahead.

Could you help me how to achieve below scenarios in bamboo pls

1. Since I was coming from hudson/jenkins background and I"m new to Bamboo...I was trying to define a custom string field with drop down list for...

a. Environments (dev, tst, uat, etc)

b. Target actions (upload, package, deploy, etc)

c. Artifacts release details (release # or build date, etc)

However I was able to follow your suggestion to "define variables"...and by selecting "build customized" option. So when it pop ups for value, I choose overrride and enter the value I need. this works fine (thanks again). I started liking bamboo and I"m sure bamboo will have similiar features

2. I was not able to download Inject bamboo variable task plugin. Could you please provide me a link or attach the jar file pls? (I downloaded from thrid party link, but it seems to be a corrupted one)

Thanks,

Ravee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events