bamboo.configuration.ConfigurationException

I migrate my Bamboo application to another server.

New database, new Server.

copied installation and work directory to the new server, update bamboo.cfg.xml and othe config files.

now I have an Exception during start of the application. I can not see anywhere whether a xml configuration is invalid or some othe files.

Do you have any idea how can I find out, what is the reason of this exception???

I use Bamboo 5.0.0

com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.ConfigurationException: Failed to start Bamboo
at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.initialiseBambooContainer(UpgradeLauncher.java:195)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.upgradeAndStartBamboo(UpgradeLauncher.java:93)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.contextInitialized(UpgradeLauncher.java:40)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:733)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1222)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:676)
at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:455)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:90)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:261)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.server.Server.main(Server.java:74)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:240)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
at $Proxy14.getValue(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.BambooPluginStateStore.loadFromBandana(BambooPluginStateStore.java:60)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.BambooPluginStateStore.initCache(BambooPluginStateStore.java:46)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.BambooPluginStateStore.load(BambooPluginStateStore.java:39)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.getState(DefaultPluginManager.java:635)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.init(DefaultPluginManager.java:162)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.container.BambooContainer.init(BambooContainer.java:182)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.container.BambooContainer.initialise(BambooContainer.java:147)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.initialiseBambooContainer(UpgradeLauncher.java:190)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.spring.LazyComponentProxyFactoryBean$LazyInvocationHandler.invoke(LazyComponentProxyFactoryBean.java:59)
... 27 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.StringReader.<init>(StringReader.java:33)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:904)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.persister.xstream.DefaultXStreamManager.fromXML(DefaultXStreamManager.java:72)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.bandana.DefaultBandanaPersister.getObjectFromValue(DefaultBandanaPersister.java:90)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.bandana.DefaultBandanaPersister.retrieve(DefaultBandanaPersister.java:37)
at com.atlassian.bandana.DefaultBandanaManager.getValue(DefaultBandanaManager.java:32)
at com.atlassian.bandana.DefaultBandanaManager.getValue(DefaultBandanaManager.java:24)
... 32 more

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Eugen,

If you were planning on migrate your instance onto a new server, you would suggest you follow the steps as below:

1. Back up your current Bamboo instance as per our Bamboo backup guide
  2. Login to the My Atlassian portaland retrieve your Bamboo license key.
  3. Download a fresh distribution of Bamboo from the Bamboo download centerto your new machine.
    (info) If you are using the WAR version, click the 'Show all' link on the Bamboo download center page to display the download link.
  4. Unpack your Bamboo distribution on your new machine, (if you are using the WAR version, you need to deploy it to your application server) - See our installation guide.
  5. Start your new Bamboo installation and run the Setup Wizard.
  6. In step (3)of the Setup Wizard, import your old Bamboo instance from step(1).

If you still experiencing issues even after doing the steps above described, I would recommend you opening a ticket on Support.

--

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,077 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot