bamboo : changing a plans repository configuration programtically

Adam Downer October 22, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set up Bamboo 4.2.1 to provide a self service plan creation facility without having to grant all users admin access.

So far I have created a project that contains a build plan that invokes the Atlassian CLI tool (also installed on the box) to clone another project, which is my standard build template.

The template project consists of one plan which invokes maven to perform a 'clean deploy' build. The plans default repository is set to a place holder. Nothing else is altered from defaults in this template project.

I 'run customised' the plan which invokes the atlassian cli tool specifying a new project name and proper URL as variables.

The cli tool correctly clones the project under the new name I specify, which is great, but I can't find a way of getting the cli tool to update the plans default repository URL.

Is there a way to achieve the configuration change I am after unsing the cli tool or can anyone suggest an alternate method of achieving this self service function.

What I am thinking is along the lines of the :

bamboo --action updatePlan --build "ZBAMBOOCLI7938965-checkout1" --fields "repositoryURL:my.project.repo.com"

I have looked in the cli help and example files as well as the bamboo rest api documentation and no solution presents itself.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

2 votes
Radhika Cargo November 4, 2012

I have a bamboo that is turning yellow, but I'm not over watering it.

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

You can use Bamboo variables in all of the fields of the repository plugin and then execute via REST the variables you want to subsitute at runtime.

Adam Downer November 4, 2012

thanks James, I have the URL i need already accessible as part of a script. What I am trying to do is to permanently alter the repository URL for the newly cloned plan so that non customised runs will use that URL rather than the placeholder I have in the template. I can not find an entry in the REST API or the CLI tool which allows me to manipulate the plans repository URL setting. Any further suggestions?

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hm... how about crafting a BambooTask (plugin), executed as a part of your build plan that invokes the CLI tool, that would manipulate and update the repositoryUrl directly in the Bamboo java API?

Adam Downer November 4, 2012

the question remains what CLI command would I execute to manipulate the repositoryURL? I can't see anything in the CLI examples to would do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events