bamboo can't connect to bitbucket cloud with Atlassian login

Abhishek Mishra May 20, 2017

Config:

• Bamboo server hosted on AWS ec2
  • Source Repository on bitbucket cloud under a team account.

Scenario:

• Trying to use basic auth from Bamboo to bitbucket so build statuses show up on bitbucket.
  • Forced to use Atlassian login (which has to be an email).

Issue:

• Authentication fails when trying to link a repository using basic auth credentials of bitbucket (xyz@email.com/password). I can login to bitbucket with the same credentials without any issues.
  • erro: "Failed to load data from Bitbucket. [403 Forbidden]"

What could be the issue here? Is new email based Atlassian login not supported? I also tried to use bitbucket user name - didn't work.

1 answer

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bitbucket-cloud-289277000.html?utm_source=dac&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=totw, as documented there you must use an app password if using 2 factor authentication.

Alternatively you can switch to SSH private key authentication, it's also explained in the documentation linked.

Hope that helps

Abhishek Mishra May 22, 2017

Thanks Piotr. I was not using 2 factor authentication. After seeing something suspicious in the logs today, I enabled SSL on the bamboo server with a CA cert and I was able to authenticate and load the repository.

However, I still can't get bamboo build statuses to show up in bitbucket. 

In some other article I  had read that for build statuses to show up I need to use basic auth which is what I am doing now. Still no luck.

I wonder if I need to do something else - from the documentation it looked like bamboo-bitbucket integration should work out of the box as long as 

1. I'm using basic auth.

2. Repository type is bitbucket cloud (and not git).

I'm doing both.

Abhishek Mishra May 23, 2017

Update:

I just redid my bamboo installation from scratch and now the build status shows up on bitbucket. Using basic auth and bitbucket repo type.

Not very scientific way of soling an issue but I'll still take it. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events