Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo automatic branch merge with stash

Takashi Matsuzawa August 20, 2015

I want to try "automatic branch merge" feature of bamboo, but when I tried, I can see following error.

>Merging is disabled for this plan branch as the default repository 'xxxx' is of type 'Stash', which does not support automatic merging.

So, stash is not supported for this feature? (Although stash itself might have auto merge feature of its own)??

Just curious, then which type of source repositories can be used with bamboo's automatic branch merge feature?

1 answer

1 vote
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2015

Hello Takashi,

Thank you for your question.

It seems Bamboo is using JGit as capability instead of Git. Please, go to "Bamboo administration >> Build resources >> Server capabilities" and make sure you have added Git as a Capability as per following:

image2015-8-21 19:36:0.png

If no capability is provided, Bamboo will use its built-in Git (JGit) implementation. Note that the built-in Git implementation does not support symbolic links, submodules, automatic branch detection or automatic mergingPlease, refer to Defining a new version control capability documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Takashi Matsuzawa August 23, 2015

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I noticed before that built-in git support did not support submodules, but at that time I did not go further (just registered submodules as separate repositories in bamboo plan setting.) Before I go to our IT and ask for the change, I want to know if there is demerits using native git instead of built-in git. I understand that on bamboo server and agents we have to install native git command, but other than that any issues we have to be prepared? I just do not want to break current behavior/workflow by making this change.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2015

Hello Takashi, please, do ahead and add Git as capability in Bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events