Did you mean: 

artifact defined are never picked up

Sujeet Singh January 8, 2013

Hi,

I have defined my artifacts like below

Name: nfhWars

Copy Pattern: **/*.war

The WAR files are placed in below folders

NFH-NFH4-JOB1\nettforhandler-dist\target\nettforhandler-dist-4.0.14-SNAPSHOT-wlsdomain-test\nettforhandler\nettforhandlerapp\abc.war

NFH-NFH4-JOB1\nettforhandler-dist\target\nettforhandler-dist-4.0.14-SNAPSHOT-wlsdomain-test\nettforhandler\nettforhandlerapp\def.war

both war files are folders and not archived files. Both contain directories and files.

I tried many times but the artifacts are never shown up and it says "No files found"

Any help or hint will be very helpful.

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sujeet Singh January 24, 2013

It was not working because bamboo expects zipped or archived files as artifacts and not folders.

0 votes
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Sujeet,

You are right - Bamboo doesn't allow the back-slash; I am sorry for the confusion. Please try to use: nettforhandler-dist/target for the Location, and **/*.war for the Copy Pattern. I just tested that on my local Bamboo instance. In case you still face the same problem, please raise a support ticket and provide your Bamboo logs with a screenshot of your Artifact configuration page.

Cheers,
Armen

Sujeet Singh January 10, 2013

Hi Armen,

As provided in my last update, Location "nettforhandler-dist/target" and Copy Pattern "**/*.war" is not working. I am using Bamboo 4.3.3 in windows XP. I have raised the ticket and the number is BSP-8963

0 votes
Sujeet Singh January 9, 2013

In the location, I tried the below values and all of them have failed

target

nettforhandler-dist\target

\nettforhandler-dist\target\nettforhandler-dist-4.0.14-SNAPSHOT-wlsdomain-brumm\nettforhandler\nettforhandlerapp

${build.working.directory}/nettforhandler-dist/target

The copy pattern for them respectively are given below

**/*.war

**/*.war

*.war

**/*.war

Not sure where I am going wrong here.

0 votes
Sujeet Singh January 9, 2013

Bamboo says "This entry cannot contain the character \"

0 votes
danielwester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013
Change your Location to be nettforhandler-dist\target
0 votes
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Hey Sujeet,

I see that in your Copy Pattern you are using a forward slash, but your directory paths use back-slashes. Can you please try to use a back-slash in your Copy Pattern (**\*.war) and let me know if that makes any difference?

Cheers,
Armen

0 votes
Sujeet Singh January 8, 2013

It is Maven based application in which I need to share my artifacts between different stages. The wars of one build in required in the later stages which is bundled together in final build. I tried various options but always end up with "No files found". At last I have used my remote server to copy the wars of previous build and then mix all the stuff there for final build. Not happy with this solution though. Artifact sharing is there for these stuff only. I will be more than happy to see this working so that I can recommend Bamboo for other projects in my company. Hope somebody from Atlassian can help here. Hoping to get some solution here.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

What applications are you working with here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events