cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong redirect after logging in with Bamboo behind mod_proxy

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

I have Bamboo running on a different host and masked behind an apache mod_proxy.

The problem is that during login to Bamboo, it redirects to wrong URL: /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var

I tried running it in the "standard way" and currently running through jetty.

Anyone had that problem and has some non-invasive workaround?

I could obviously alias this to bamboo directly, but ... that's so wrong.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hey Radoslaw,

Thanks for the question. Please have a look at this page and confirm if you have followed the steps mentioned there. Also, you can try to clean your web browser cookies and reproduce the problem. After, check what URL you see in the cookie that gets saved into your browser (browser settings -> cookies -> locate Bamboo cookies). Is that a correct URL?

Cheers,
Armen

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Yeap. This is exactly the scenario I am running. The cookies are fine.

It just seems that Bamboo renders the wrong redirection because I can see during the login: os_destination=%252Fstart.action which is /start.action instead of /bamboo/start.action.

If I go again directly to /bamboo/ though, I am logged in, so just the initial redirection is broken.

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2012

Solved it, using SSO authentication between Crowd and Bamboo (thus avoiding the problem a bit).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events