Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to change Bamboo's agent user from 'bamboo' to different user

Build Monkey June 17, 2012

If I read correctly, Bamboo's agents run as user 'bamboo'. If so, I would like to be able to change this to an existing user we have created to perform just such tasks. Is this possible?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
shivom September 21, 2014

Can be possible that Bamboo agent run using of Administrator User instead of Bamboo User?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2012

Local agents are run as the same user that started Bamboo Server and there's no way to change it.

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

If you are referring to remote agents then yes they can run as separate users. For Windows see here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Running+Bamboo+service+on+Windows+as+the+local+user

Build Monkey June 17, 2012

no, not the remote agents. The local agents. I am having problems checking out code from our remote git repository and saw some doc that said the agent checks out the repro as user 'bamboo'. (I am using the No auth mode). We don't want to create yet another user, but rather use our already existing bot user to do this since all perms have already been set up. Is this possible? We are also using linux.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events