Would like to change Bamboo's agent user from 'bamboo' to different user

If I read correctly, Bamboo's agents run as user 'bamboo'. If so, I would like to be able to change this to an existing user we have created to perform just such tasks. Is this possible?

Thanks!

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are referring to remote agents then yes they can run as separate users. For Windows see here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Running+Bamboo+service+on+Windows+as+the+local+user

no, not the remote agents. The local agents. I am having problems checking out code from our remote git repository and saw some doc that said the agent checks out the repro as user 'bamboo'. (I am using the No auth mode). We don't want to create yet another user, but rather use our already existing bot user to do this since all perms have already been set up. Is this possible? We are also using linux.

Local agents are run as the same user that started Bamboo Server and there's no way to change it.

Can be possible that Bamboo agent run using of Administrator User instead of Bamboo User?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

48 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you