Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with git

V July 17, 2014

Why is it that there is no native way for bamboo to create a tag for a git repository or to get the username used to access a git repository, but for svn it's available? I thought bamboo would be awesome to work with in collaboration with stash, but as far as my experience goes, it's way easier to build bamboo plans around svn repositories. Is there an explanation for that, and will that change in the future?

1 answer

0 votes
LarsM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2014

Support for tagging and branching via a Bamboo Task is tracked here on JAC https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9139.

But tagging a git commit is not something special ;-)

You just can use a script task and run

git tag my-version-number
git push origin --tags

We are using Bamboo in a Git Environment and have defined a global command in Bamboo to tag and push it.

V July 20, 2014

I've tried that, but it wont work since Bamboo will just push the tag to the local repository cache instead of the real repository. Adding the real repository to the remotes is not an option since we are bound to use username:password authentication and there's no easy way to insert that into the bamboo.repository.git.repositoryUrl.

LarsM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014
You have to disable shallow Clones and repository caching of course.
V July 20, 2014

Thanks for the tips, would you be so kind to tell me where I can disable the repository caching? I couldn't find that option in the global repository settings or the repository settings for the build plan...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events