Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Remote bamboo agent terminates

Marek Leitl January 19, 2017

Hi all,

I have deployed new (and my first) Bamboo remote agent and currently I am trying to integrate it with existing Bamboo server in the company. The agent is started as a Windows service.

According to the log file the agent startup seems fine to me. But every time after approx. 5 minutes there is some exception related to JMS, the JVM is terminated and the agent must start once again.

The exception chain contains message "Error creating bean with name 'agentRegistrationBean'" and message "Could not access JMS invoker queue queue://com.atlassian.bamboo.registrationQueue]"

There is the log containing complete 5 minutes from agent service startup until it fails:

Does anyone know what is going wrong there?

Thanks, Marek

Update: I am using Bamboo v5.9.7 (the same version as our existing Bamboo server)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Leitl February 1, 2017

Already found the solution. Bamboo Broker (JMS) communication was restricted on firewall. We just needed to open the port

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

If you read the log carefully you will notice a reason given for the error:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

You can google, what it means.

My guess its you are either hit by bamboo reconnect bug. I believe there are still a couple of open tickets in the Bamboo jira. I solved this by adding implementing a restart delay of 5 minutes (in windows service settings for the agent). You need this for all agents, any agent can lock up / DOS the server, making it unresponsive.

Another reason could be an issue with your network or firewall.
You may want to look at the server logs too. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events