Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Windows) Bamboo service stops when accessed in browser.

Josh Black November 3, 2013

The Bamboo service installed just fine on the server and starts with no issues. Upon attempting to access the application, I get a "Web page not available" and the service stops.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

Stash and Jira services are running great.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Josh Black November 4, 2013

It appears that the server port in {BAMBOO-INSTALL}\conf\server.xml was already in use. I changed the value in the xml file to an open port and everything came up. Thanks to all!

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

I did last month upgrading to 5.1.1.

Navigate to your bamboo install then atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\lib.

Look for repeat atlassian-bamboo-*.jar like atlassian-bamboo-agent-bootstrap-5.1.jar & atlassian-bamboo-agent-bootstrap-5.2.jar and remove the older copies.

Only remove the extra ones as not every upgrade has a complete new set.

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

For instance atlassian-bamboo-agent-elastic-installer-5.0-rc1.jar is in the 5.2 install.

Thanks for the quick response. This is a new install but I did check the directory you mentioned and don't see any files with multiple versions as you described.

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Did you run the install as "Run as Administrator"? It doesn't show a failure but I had to Uninstall Service as "Run as Administrator" and Install Service as "Run as Administrator" The Tomcat changes >= 5.1 require elavated prviledges & UAC.

Yes (or at least the Win Server 2003 equivalent, I think). I installed using an admin account. Is this the same as the Vista+ UAC / "Run as Administrator"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events