Why is the artifact download slow?

Andyb March 4, 2016

When deploying, the artifact download seems to be very slow. 

The artifact is 197MB and is taking nearly 4 and a half minutes to download. How can I speed this up? It seems very slow.

simple	04-Mar-2016 12:56:07	Preparing to download plan result BUILD-BUILD9-22 artifact: Shared artifact: [Platform], pattern: [**]
simple	04-Mar-2016 13:00:31	Artifact [Platform] downloaded successfully in 264s to app/

4 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2016

You need to tell us more about your setup. Is it an elastic or remote agent? Where is it located? Which artifact handler are you using?

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

If you experience slowness in artifact transfer and publish activity, check if you experience the same slowness by using a script task (with scp) to transfer the artifact instead of using Artifact download task. 

If the slowness is experienced when transferring via a script task, it is likely to be a network issue and you may have to fix it at your end.

If the transfer speed is faster compared to the artifact download task, it is likely because Bamboo transfers the generated artifacts from their agents to their server as a compressed tar file. This is to maintain integrity while transferring multiple files and huge files. This compression on the agent and uncompression on the server generally consumes time and thus affects the overall transfer speed.

I have already filed an improvement request - BAM-18931 for this. Feel free to add it to your watchlist to keep an eye on any updates.

Fraser Hardy September 14, 2018

I've just added a comment onto this ticket. We're seeing the same issue and its taking about 20mins to download a 1GB artefact from S3 in the same region. 

0 votes
Andy May 19, 2016

We are using an elastic agent. Is located in the US and the s3 bucket for publishing artifacts is in the same region. Both publishing and downloading of artifacts seem very slow. 

0 votes
Kalle Sirkesalo March 4, 2016

Where are you deploying the artifact? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events