Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Bamboo detect new branches but disables them preventing builds?

Jay Hollingsworth April 19, 2017

Bamboo version 5.14.4.1 build 51417

Bitbucket version 4.13.0

I have configured Bamboo to recognize changes made in Bitbucket (i.e. branch creation) and mostly it works.  However, as more branches are created, they are not being enabled automatically after Bamboo recognizes the branch from Bitbucket.  I'm having to manually enable branches and manually fire the builds. This significantly slows daily operations. Why is this happening? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Please and thank you in advance for your time, effort, and knowledge!

3 answers

1 vote
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hi Jay! In most cases I saw this behavior, the repository configuration in Bamboo was out of sync with Bitbucket. Just open it and save would reconnect them. Did you try that?

Thanks. I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.

Jay Hollingsworth April 21, 2017

I tried this but the issue persists.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

Is your main plan branch disabled?

Jay Hollingsworth April 21, 2017

My main plan branch is enabled.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2017

Is there anything in your server log that would explain why the branch is getting disabled?

Jay Hollingsworth April 27, 2017

No, there isn't anything that I have found.  I decreased the interval time that bamboo checks bitbucket and I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm just keeping an eye on it for a while to be sure.

Ramil Navares January 19, 2018

@Przemek Bruski @Jay Hollingsworth

Same goes on my side. Some of the branch are disabled, some are enabled. Is there any update for this issue or is this related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13552 or https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13168? But the 2nd ticket is already resolved BUT my current version is 5.15.

Or is there another solution?

Appreciate the reply.

Thanks.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Do you mean that the branch plans are getting created but they are in a disabled state? 

Can you add a screenshot of your branch plan configuration?

That is exactly what I mean. And I have inserted the screenshot.

BambooBranchConfig.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events