Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my remote agents always report that the broker URI is invalid?

Rob_Duff January 13, 2015

No matter what I change my values for the broker URI, it does not seem to work.  I tried using the IP address and the host name, and those didn't work.  I tried the broker uri and the broker client uri, to no avail.  Here is the error I continue to get:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2015/01/13 15:50:38 | 2015-01-13 15:50:38,887 WARN [Thread-0] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Broker URI: tcp://rd-bamboo-s.proddev.XXX:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000 is invalid: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I've tried telneting from the agent to port 54663 on rd-bamboo-s and I get data back, so it's not a firewall issue.  If there's any more information I can provide, please let me know.

4 answers

0 votes
Rob_Duff January 14, 2015

Figured it out...  This warning is the tip off:

WARN [Thread-0] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Broker URI: tcp://localhost:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000 is invalid: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

"localhost" doesn't make sense here.  Changing Broker client URI to:

failover:(tcp://rd-bamboo-s.proddev.XXX:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10

fixed the problem.

0 votes
Rob_Duff January 13, 2015

Thanks Rafael, but unfortunately I've already been to that page and it doesn't seem to have helped me as much as I had hoped.  I've put the defaults back:

Broker URL: tcp://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000

Broker client URL: failover:(tcp://localhost:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10

And still no luck.  I'm able to telnet from the agent machine to the server on ports 8085 and 54663 with no issue at all.  However, I can't telnet from the server OR the agent machine on the agent's port 54663, which I expect I should be able to do when the agent is running...?  All of the firewalls are off on the agent and the server.

The server is Ubuntu 14.04 and the agent is Windows Server 2008 R2.  

netstat -an | findstr 54663 (on the Windows agent) shows nothing, even with the agent running.

netstat -an | grep 54663 (on the Ubuntu server) shows:

tcp6 0 0 :::54663 :::* LISTEN

I must admit, I haven't yet enabled DEBUG logging.  I'll do that now.

Przemyslaw, I do get this on startup of the agent, but eventually the client times out with a (long) Java exception:

javax.jms.JMSException: Connection refused: connect

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Interestingly, even though the server says "There are currently no online remote agents configured on this Bamboo instance", I do see log entries immediately underneath saying "A remote agent is loading on RD-BAMBOO-C.proddev.XXX"

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Are you getting this during startup only? Because if later, the agent works and you're not using 5.7, you can ignore that warning, it's a false positive.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your question.

I would kindly ask you to refer to Troubleshooting Remote Agents documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events