No matter what I change my values for the broker URI, it does not seem to work. I tried using the IP address and the host name, and those didn't work. I tried the broker uri and the broker client uri, to no avail. Here is the error I continue to get:
INFO | jvm 1 | 2015/01/13 15:50:38 | 2015-01-13 15:50:38,887 WARN [Thread-0] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Broker URI: tcp://rd-bamboo-s.proddev.XXX:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000 is invalid: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
I've tried telneting from the agent to port 54663 on rd-bamboo-s and I get data back, so it's not a firewall issue. If there's any more information I can provide, please let me know.
Thank you for your question.
I would kindly ask you to refer to Troubleshooting Remote Agents documentation for further information.
If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.
Thank you for your understanding.
Rafael P. Sperafico
Thanks Rafael, but unfortunately I've already been to that page and it doesn't seem to have helped me as much as I had hoped. I've put the defaults back:
Broker client URL: failover:(tcp://localhost:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10
And still no luck. I'm able to telnet from the agent machine to the server on ports 8085 and 54663 with no issue at all. However, I can't telnet from the server OR the agent machine on the agent's port 54663, which I expect I should be able to do when the agent is running...? All of the firewalls are off on the agent and the server.
The server is Ubuntu 14.04 and the agent is Windows Server 2008 R2.
netstat -an | findstr 54663 (on the Windows agent) shows nothing, even with the agent running.
netstat -an | grep 54663 (on the Ubuntu server) shows:
tcp6 0 0 :::54663 :::* LISTEN
I must admit, I haven't yet enabled DEBUG logging. I'll do that now.
Przemyslaw, I do get this on startup of the agent, but eventually the client times out with a (long) Java exception:
javax.jms.JMSException: Connection refused: connect
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Interestingly, even though the server says "There are currently no online remote agents configured on this Bamboo instance", I do see log entries immediately underneath saying "A remote agent is loading on RD-BAMBOO-C.proddev.XXX"
Figured it out... This warning is the tip off:
WARN [Thread-0] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Broker URI: tcp://localhost:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000 is invalid: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
"localhost" doesn't make sense here. Changing Broker client URI to:
fixed the problem.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs