Why can't I move certain plans from one project to another?

David Gard December 14, 2017

I'm attempting to move two plans from one project to another, but when I try I get an error.  I've tried moving the plans individually as well as together, with all attempts resulting in the same error.

> Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

I've found a post where the OP suggests two workarounds, but neither of them are working.  The first suggests simply clicking 'Move' again, and the seconds suggests removing 'Artefact Download' tasks, but there are none in either plan.

The error message is not partiularly helpful, so if anyone is able to provide any further information or suggest how I may fix this issue, I'd be most grateful.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi David,

Can you please reproduce the issue and provide the stack trace if it is not too long.  If it is fairly long please provide at least the first 10 lines and the last 10 lines especially if you see a specific Caused By line similar to the following:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cannot save merged build definitions

Cheers,

Branden

David Gard January 4, 2018

Hi Branden,

The error is 305 lines in the log, and that is truncated with the message "...287 more" at the end of the error.

The only "Caused By" error is this one -

org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Here are the first few lines of the error -

com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.MovePlansException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only
        at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.move.MovePlanBatchCoordinator.movePlans(MovePlanBatchCoordinator.java:53)
        at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.move.MovePlanServiceImpl.movePlansToProject(MovePlanServiceImpl.java:34)
        at com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.actions.build.admin.MoveBuilds.execute(MoveBuilds.java:141)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14800.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at ognl.OgnlRuntime.invokeMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:894)
        at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:1539)
        at ognl.ObjectMethodAccessor.callMethod(ObjectMethodAccessor.java:68)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.accessor.XWorkMethodAccessor.callMethodWithDebugInfo(XWorkMethodAccessor.java:96)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.accessor.XWorkMethodAccessor.callMethod(XWorkMethodAccessor.java:88)
        at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:1615)
        at ognl.ASTMethod.getValueBody(ASTMethod.java:91)
        at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateGetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:212)
        at ognl.SimpleNode.getValue(SimpleNode.java:258)
        at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:467)
        at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:431)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlUtil$3.execute(OgnlUtil.java:351)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlUtil.compileAndExecuteMethod(OgnlUtil.java:403)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlUtil.callMethod(OgnlUtil.java:349)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:436)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:291)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:252)
        at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:177)

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events