Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't my build plans and configurations showing up after upgrading from Bamboo 5.4 to 6.1?

Jason Erickson September 13, 2017

I just upgraded Bamboo on our Linux server from version 5.4 to version 6.1. I followed the steps in the upgrade and installation guide. After extracting the install package, I updated the Bamboo home directory to point to the old installation's home directory. The build and configuration files are still in there in the xml-data directory.

When I open Bamboo remotely via a web browser, it asked me to create my first plan and all of my plans from before the upgrade weren't being shown. I created a dummy plan just so I could move on but they are still missing.

Does anybody know what could be going on? We are using the built in HSQL database. I know this is not recommended for production environments, but we are a relatively small company and have always used this before with no issues.

Thanks,

Jason

2 answers

1 vote
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Jason,

After starting 6.1, did you have to through the whole setup wizard or did it just ask you to create a plan? To echo Steven's comment - HSQL is not fit for production as it is easily corrupted, which may be the case here as well.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

This is not an answer to your question but: It is absoluetly CRITICAL that you STOP using the in-memory database for production work! It is NOT safe and it WILL fail hard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events