Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Deployment release Flag's value is changed from APPROVED/BROKEN to INCOMPLETE?

phanthucanh December 19, 2017

After a Deployment, we usually click on "Approved" or "Broken" button on the Release to mark success / failure for the deployment. However, sometimes, I notice that the Flagged value in the Release History will be changed into INCOMPLETE after a few days.

Why is this value changed to INCOMPLETE? What are the possible reasons?

2 answers

0 votes
phanthucanh January 7, 2018

Thank you @rsperafico. I think it must be the case when artifact(s) of Deployment Version gets removed. Is there any setting to change this behavior of overwriting the status?

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hello @phanthucanh,

I am afraid there is no setting to change this behaviour, however, you could make use of Bamboo's REST API to update the status:

https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-bamboo/REST/6.3.0/#d2e3091

# replace {username} to authenticate against Bamboo.
Username provided must have permissions over deployment
# replace {bamboo_base_url} e.g. http://localhost:8085
# replace {deploymentVersionId}
# replace {newStatus} e.g. UNKNOWN, APPROVED, BROKEN, INCOMPLETE

curl -k -u {username} -p \
-X POST {bamboo_base_url}/deploy/version/{deploymentVersionId}/status/{newStatus}

Kind regards,

Rafael

phanthucanh January 8, 2018

Thank you for your help!

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hello @phanthucanh,

...in the Release History will be changed into INCOMPLETE after a few days.

Could you please confirm whether the deployment was ever released? And do you have Bamboo Expiry set up? If artifact(s) of Deployment Version gets removed, release gets marked as incomplete.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events