Where would I find the project keys and the plan keys?

Dan Ivy January 7, 2013

Hello - I'm trying to add a plan to my project that uses the "trigger condition" of "Only run Build if other Plans are currently passing" which requires the Plan Keys of my other plans. I'm not finding the Plan Keys listed anywhere - can someone suggest where to look, please?

Thanks!

6 answers

9 votes
Andreas Nicolaisen June 4, 2013

How is it possible that you (atlassian) base the setup of functionality on keys that you do NOT show anywhere, and that the user are supposed to MANUALLY provide! Wow!

3 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hello di33,

If you know which the plans of which you want to obtain plan key, then you could 'extract' the plan key from your web browser address. Just go to one of your desired plan's result pages, and check your web browser address bar, for example:

http://my.bamboo.com:8085/bamboo/browse/BAM-FC-8882

The BAM part is the [Project Key], the FC part is the [Plan Key]

Does it make sense? :)

Dan Ivy January 8, 2013

Perfect - thanks!

Doug Huras November 7, 2017

Nice!

Yasashree March 14, 2021

where can I find build key, build number using rest API and ul

1 vote
Werner Meyer June 26, 2014

Please atlassian.. fix your trigger screen. No point in asking for a comma delimited list of keys but not displaying the keys anywhere. STash displays the keys, why not bamboo?

It would be useful to simply add components on the trigger screen to select the plans you want instead of forcing a comma delimited plan key string. Lazy implementation that.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2013

I don't know which version of Bamboo you're using, but maybe you should use com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.cache.CachedPlanManager#getPlans and get the keys from the returned collection?

Dan Ivy January 7, 2013

I'm using 4.1.2, and perhaps I should mention that I'm not a programmer - I'm guessing the suggestion here might be outside of my sphere. I was looking for an answer that I could execute from the Bamboo UI, or by peeking in the database (peeking at tmp files works for now!).

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Have a look at the BUILD table then.

0 votes
Dan Ivy January 7, 2013

In the /tmp directory on the server there are a bunch of files that get created that are named [Project Key]-[Plan Key], and fortunately I've got a small instance so I could figure out from that the Plan Key I needed for the trigger condition. Also (mentioned in another question), even though it says it wants the Plan Key, the trigger condition needs the same info ([Project Key]-[Plan Key]).

0 votes
Dan Ivy January 7, 2013

I found the Project Keys in the db, in the PROJECTS table. Now for those elusive Plan Keys...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events