Where is the documentation for editing bamboo-agent.cfg.xml?

Deleted user December 20, 2011

It's mentioned in the Bamboo documentation, but it is never described, explained, or linked to full documentation.

What are the keywords? What are their possible values?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2011

I don't think there's a centralised source of information on bamboo-agent.cfg.xml . Instead, the minimum, default configuration is considered to be good in most cases and variables are documented on pages addressing a concrete problem requiring user intervention (like moving a home directory).

Deleted user December 20, 2011

Are you aware of any specific doc pages that describe what the field names/variables are for telling the agent to run a particular log4j.properties? Because adding -Dlog4j.configuration=/path/to/mylog4j.properties is not working (in OSX). And I'm not sure where in the field hierarchy to try something like

<log4j.configuration>/path/to/mylog4j.properties</log4j.configuration>

This is just one example, but its the most pressing need I have right now.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2011

-Dlog4j.configuration should work, but I think you need to add it to the parameter of the actual agent process and not the installer jar. Depending on how you start the agent, this could for example mean adding

wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dlog4j.configuration=path

to bamboo-agent-home/conf/wrapper.conf

Edit: come to think of it, I am not sure if you can override the path using bamboo-agent.cfg.xml.

You can also modify the webapp/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties in Bamboo install on the server - if I remember correctly, its contents will be propagated to remote agents upon agent startup. Just remember to keep it updated during Bamboo upgrades.

Deleted user December 21, 2011

Modifying the wrapper.conf file did the trick. In the process tree I can see that the agent was launched with that option. Well done and thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events