Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Bamboo saves the builds configuration?

Sergio Fernández May 21, 2014

I have a project which changed of git repository, and I'd like to manualkly change it in a concrete file, but I cannot find it :-/

3 answers

0 votes
gasiino November 9, 2015

Hi, 
I know it would be a bad idea to start messing with configuration by changing it on the raw side (i.e. directly on the db).
However I have years of experience with TeamCity where I was sharing in read-only the configuration folders (the parts of the projects and builds, not the files with the passwords) and the file comparison was easying the process because even when you clone a setup and change only something, it is always useful to perform a check on differences: it makes your life easier.
Is there anything similar in Bamboo?
Any way to export the whole configuration for a build (or deployment setup, or repository) so  I can compare it with another (working) setup and spot the differences (or the errors)?
After this check it becomes easier to just apply the changes from the UI.
How can I get the config from Bamboo? 
Regards,
Gabriele 

0 votes
Sergio Fernández May 21, 2014

The problem is that I forgot to do it before performing an maintenance, and now it does not start (or it is taking too long) because the error:

2014-05-22 16:12:03,196 INFO [4-BAM::PlanExec:pool-8-thread-2] [DefaultErrorHandler] Recording an error: Unable to detect changes : FOO-BAR1 : java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /usr/bin/git ls-remote https://old.host/project.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [.]., stderr:
[fatal: https://old.host/project.git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?]

Any idea?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

You could put back a copy of the repo on the old host.

Startup Bamboo, change the repo and remove the copy on the old host.

Just an idea.

Best regards,

Peter

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2014

The log message clearly indicates that Bamboo started... It comes from Plan triggering thread. Fix your build configuration and you should be fine. Unless there's something else that's stopping you from doing so, in which case you should contact Atlassian Support.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi Sergio,

This is all saved in the database and it's a really bad idea to start playing around there.

the easiest way is to simply use the UI to change the repository.

You can also take a look at the Bamboo CLI : https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BCLI/Examples

It does have an updateRepository action.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events