Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I change the bamboo plan and build keys?

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

The title says it all. Where in Bamboo can i change the keys?

Best Regards, Mike

(Bamboo version 5.6.1)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

Bamboo UI does not allow changing the Plan key. What you can do however is to use Administration / Move Plans option to move it to another project and then change the plan key.

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Thanks, it took very long but finally was successful.

John Snead October 7, 2014

This works but it's a pain if you just want to change the plan key whilst staying in the same project as you have to move it twice (away and back again), especially if there are many completed builds and hence lots of artifact directories. I've also noticed that when moving a plan, the original key-named directories on the Bamboo server, although emptied, are not deleted (on Windows server at least - perhaps it works on other platforms). Is it possible to raise a feature request to change the key in a single operation?

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2014

John, we already have a feature request for that (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9658). As every software team we have to plan how to utilise our resources in optimal way and we're focusing on implementing features that more customers will benefit from.

Like Selvam Ayyanar likes this
John Snead October 7, 2014

Thanks, Krystian, I'll take a look. I've been around software development organisations long enough to realise that this is probably way down a rather long wish list, so I won't hold my breath!

John Gill March 19, 2018

4 years later and there it is... still open. While I like stride and all the other tools you all put out, the tech debt for Bamboo is painful in almost every way. 

Like # people like this
Valentin Constantinescu November 16, 2020

6 years later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events