Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Where can I change the bamboo plan and build keys?

The title says it all. Where in Bamboo can i change the keys?

Best Regards, Mike

(Bamboo version 5.6.1)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Bamboo UI does not allow changing the Plan key. What you can do however is to use Administration / Move Plans option to move it to another project and then change the plan key.

Thanks, it took very long but finally was successful.

This works but it's a pain if you just want to change the plan key whilst staying in the same project as you have to move it twice (away and back again), especially if there are many completed builds and hence lots of artifact directories. I've also noticed that when moving a plan, the original key-named directories on the Bamboo server, although emptied, are not deleted (on Windows server at least - perhaps it works on other platforms). Is it possible to raise a feature request to change the key in a single operation?

John, we already have a feature request for that (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9658). As every software team we have to plan how to utilise our resources in optimal way and we're focusing on implementing features that more customers will benefit from.

Like Selvam Ayyanar likes this

Thanks, Krystian, I'll take a look. I've been around software development organisations long enough to realise that this is probably way down a rather long wish list, so I won't hold my breath!

4 years later and there it is... still open. While I like stride and all the other tools you all put out, the tech debt for Bamboo is painful in almost every way. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events