Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are source repository aliases defined?

Victor Campbell January 21, 2015

On my "Add User" screen in Bamboo, a userid (not my own) appears in the "Source Repository Aliases" box, probably added long ago with the "Add alias" option.   Where would this be defined and how do I remove it, such as if there is a "Remove alias" option?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2015

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your question.

The "Source Repository Aliases" you have mentioned refers to Managing Authors documentation. Please, refer to Associating your author name with your user profile documentation for further information.

Basically, that list is available/shared to/with all users when editing users' profile.

In order to remove it (in this case "unlink"), please go to "Bamboo administration >> Security >> Authors" and "unlink" the alias with the username you want to.

The only way to delete an entry is from database, table: AUTHOR. I would not recommend you taking this approach as other user may be linked to the "alias" and the reference will be lost.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Victor Campbell February 5, 2015

Seems very easy to press the button "Add Alias", but very complicated (impossible with my access) to delete the entry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events