When artifacts expire, is Rerun this build the right fix?

Zoe Hart July 9, 2019

I have a build from a few weeks ago, that I've deployed to Test and now want to deploy to Production, but the artifacts have expired. What's the right way to correct this situation? Should I "Rerun this build"? What the difference between "Rerun this build" and "Run branch"? 

I tried "Rerun this build" and it recreated the artifacts. But the deployment still fails with the same error 

09-Jul-2019 14:37:47java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected HTTP status code: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
09-Jul-2019 14:37:47Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [Deploy Folder], pattern: [todeploy.zip]

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hi @Zoe Hart

You don't need to rerun a build to redeploy its artifacts because Bamboo saves them in a different location called Global Storage if they were deployed at some point in time.

I suspect that your artifacts were manually removed from Global Storage (<Bamboo_Home>/artifacts/globalStorage/<Artfact_ID>).

This document should give you more details about what I'm talking about: Artifacts in Bamboo Server - Atlassian Documentation. You can check the queries there to investigate your artifacts. If you confirm the artifact was removed from Global Storage you could try to put it back.

Please let us know your findings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events