Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the price of Bamboo too?

Rasmiranjan Nayak January 23, 2014

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have checked the prcing of Bamboo tool in https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/pricing.

But got confused with pricing details.

Please let me know, whether these pricing for Local Agents or Remote Agents or both cost same?

If not then please provide me what will be price of "Local Agent License" and "Remote Agent License"?

I would like to know one more thing, what are the advantages of Remote Agent than Local Agent?

Because documentation says only two lines that, Local Agent runs in Bamboo server and Remote Agents runs in Non Bamboo server.

Could you explain Remote Agents Benifits or advantages over Local Agents?

Thanks in Advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Agents in the pricing model are all remote agents. Remote agents are instances of the Bamboo process designed to sit on other machines in order to distribute load. Local agents are basically the number of worker threads Bamboo can start, which is unlimited.

Local Agents are threads on the same machine to allow multitasking but higher risk of overloading the machine and slowing everything down.

Remote Agents cost money but distribute the computing power to multiple computer.

Each Agents can be configured differently to force certain builds the necessity to use a subset or agents can be dedicated to builds or deployments so the can have their own queue or just forced to specific hardware/software you wish.

Personally we did the Download License and are able to get 7 local agents per machine without degrading performance. Machine stats: 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 2x 2.53 GHz 4.00 GB

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Also, scroll down on the link you sent:

Bamboo's pricing tiers are based on build slaves, or "remote agents" as we call them, rather than on user seats. With multiple agents you can split long-running test suites into parallelized batches, and run multiple builds simultaneouly. The more concurrency, the faster your team gets feedback on their changes. The faster the feedback, the easier (read: cheaper) it is to address problems

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events