What is the ip adres of the Bamboo deploy

Jasper Heidebrink April 16, 2015

I need to whitelist the ip of the Bamboo instance for deployment.

Does anyone know where I can find the ip?

4 answers

0 votes
Jasper Heidebrink April 20, 2015

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your reaction.

But The ip addresses you send are internal ip addresses. They can not be used outside a closed network.

Because we use the shared Bamboo solution and our web hosting is outside of Amazon we need an public IP.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hello Jasper, In this case, you need to have a dedicated IP address within Amazon so you can connect to your Bamboo instance using the same IP address and provide the same to the whitelist. Please, refer to "Feature Guide: Amazon EC2 Elastic IP Addresses" for further information: * https://aws.amazon.com/articles/1346 — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2015

Hello Jasper,

Basically, this is what you have to pay attention to:

• Bamboo server (i.e.: 192.168.1.2)
  • Bamboo local agent has the same ip used by the Bamboo server as it will be running from the same box
  • Bamboo remote agent can/cannot have the same ip address as you can decide where the remote agent will be installed (i.e.: 192.168.1.2  or 192.168.1.3)

Based on the information above, it is time to figure out under which agent you are running the build. This information can be obtained by opening up the build log generated as the first line will tell you which Agent is running the build.

bamboo.buildLog.png

In your case, it seems the agent running the build should be the one added to the whitelist. Alternatively, you could add a Script task as the last task to be executed by your build with the following:

# on Windows
ipconfig

# on Linux/MacOS
ifconfig

Then, you know the ip address used by the agent running the build.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Jasper Heidebrink April 20, 2015

HI,

Thanks for your answer. 
But the IP adres that I found what I ping bamboo it's different than the IP that is trying to deploy the data.

The host has a firewall for ftp so the Bamboo IP must be whitelisted.

Hopefully you can help me to explain which ip's they have to whitelist.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2015

Hello Jasper,

Thank you for your question.

In case your deployment is located on your own network the following commands would provide you the internal ip address:

# on Windows
ipconfig

# on Linux/MacOS
ifconfig

Alternatively, you could run the following against your Bamboo instance as it will provide the IP address:

# [BAMBOO-DNS], i.e.: bamboo.atlassian.net
ping [BAMBOO-DNS]

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events