Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the git repository cache used for on the bamboo server?

Sam September 16, 2016

We have the "Default agent" turned off - we only use remote agents. However, the git repository cache on the bamboo server is populated. I'm curious to know if I can delete these caches without affecting our builds. 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2016

Hi Sam, yes Alexey is right. I'm afraid you won't be able to prevent Bamboo from checking out the repository even if you're not using local agents, Bamboo was designed to work like this as it needs the cache to detect commits, trigger builds and get a list of branches. The answer to your original question would be yes, you can remove the cache without affecting your builds, but Bamboo will automatically create them again when necessary.

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2016

Bamboo checkouts repositories to detect commits and trigger builds, to get list of branches and create/remove plan branches. You can cleanup these caches in case of any issues, Bamboo will create them again when necessary

0 votes
Sam September 19, 2016

Is Alexey's answer correct? Does Bamboo really do full checkouts just to figure out when to trigger builds? That seems incredibly heavy-handed.

I'd like confirmation on this, if possible - ultimately I'd like to know if I can avoid the server making these checkouts at all if we're not using the Default server agent. 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Yes, you can.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events